BLUF: We seek a hands on, Operations Manager Trainee to begin a great career with our client for a position located in the Northeast, United States.
This job opportunity is ideal for a separating / newly separated junior officer or senior enlisted with a bachelor degree.
Our client seeks to hire future leaders who will manage operating divisions in any of their northeastern market locations. Successful candidates will participate in our client’s Operations Management Training Program that provides an understanding of hauling, recycling, and landfill operations, as well as a thorough familiarization with accounting, transportation, safety, environmental, and maintenance functions. Candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience and a passion to work with a great team; where being a leader is at the heart of everything and every service provided.
Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with over 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $700 million.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- As an Operations Manager Trainee, you will learn the responsibilities and functions performed by an Operations Manager through on-the-job training. This training program, which lasts for 12 months, will prepare you to effectively handle the day-to-day operations at a division. Successful completion of this training program will result in a management position in operations at a division within our client’s northeast business footprint.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have valid CDL or be willing to obtain one
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of computer routing tools
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Knowledge of operations and equipment maintenance is required
- Commitment to and knowledge of workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Accounting/Financial knowledge is a plus
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Customer driven
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Salary $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience.
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.