BLUF: We seek a hands on, experienced Operations Manager to join our client’s facility located in West Bath, Maine.
This job opportunity is ideal for a separating / newly separated junior officer or senior enlisted with a bachelor degree.
Military Talent Source seeks an Operations Manager for a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with over 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $700 million. The Operations Manager position is located in West Bath, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform ongoing operational analysis to maximize utilization of company resources
- Coordinating and cross training drivers to cover routes during vacations and absences
- Identifying opportunities for route efficiencies and working with sales and drivers to implement
- Work with maintenance and customer service to manage containers to ensure maximum and efficient utilization
- Work closely with customer service and sales to achieve service quality and responsiveness to highly demanding customers
- Compliance with all applicable Federal, State and company Environmental and Risk Management Policies and Procedures
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have valid CDL or be willing to obtain one
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of computer routing tools
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Knowledge of operations and equipment maintenance is required
- Commitment to and knowledge of workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 5 years operations management experience
- Accounting/Financial knowledge is a plus
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Customer driven
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Salary $70,000-$80,000 depending on experience; plus bonus opportunities.
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.