BLUF: We seek an experienced CDL Truck Driver to join our client’s facility located in Scarborough, Maine.
Military Talent Source seeks an experienced CDL Truck Driver for a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with over 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $700 million. This position is located in Scarborough, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Complete understanding and adherence to Safety Rules and Operating Standards.
- Operates vehicle and performs all tasks in accordance with Safety Rules and Operating Standards, OSHA, and DOT as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by company or Manager.
- Works closely with Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch.
- Completely empties all receptacles and leaves the customer’s property clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Dispatch.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 5 years (experience exceptions may be granted for highly motivated candidates).
- Holds a current Class A or B CDL with an air-brake endorsement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable motor coordination; arm, hand, legs.
- Able to exert physical effort in handling (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
Salary $17-$19 per hour to start depending on experience with a 90 day review.
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
You must sign in to apply for this position.