Assistant General Manager- Waste Management Industry
This job opportunity is ideal for a separating / newly separated junior officer or senior enlisted with a bachelor’s degree.
BLUF: We seek a hands on, experienced Assistant General Manager to join our client’s facility located in Scarborough, ME.
Military Talent Source seeks an Assistant General Manager for a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform ongoing operational analysis to maximize utilization of company resources
- Responsible for municipal contract management
- Oversee driver scheduling for multiple routes and enforcing company safety regulations
- Work with maintenance and customer service to manage containers to ensure maximum and efficient utilization
- Work closely with customer service and sales to achieve service quality and responsiveness to highly demanding customers
- Compliance with all applicable Federal, State and company Environmental and Risk Management Policies and Procedures
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must have valid CDL or be willing to obtain one
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics along with five years of experience is preferred
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.