Wood Pellet Plant Operator
BLUF: We seek a skilled operator to run the production systems for a wood pellet production operation.
Military Talent Source seeks a skilled operator to run the production systems for a wood pellet production operation. This position will be responsible for the uptime and maintenance of the machines used to produce wood pellets. The position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of machines and monitoring controls and quality of production. This position will oversee a small maintenance staff responsible for keeping the plant efficient and productive. Our client makes sustainably sourced, superior quality wood pellets for heating. Our client’s facility is located in Sanford, ME.
12 hour shift schedule. Rotating shifts: three on, four off; then four on, three off. Night shift differential. Overtime eligible.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Monitor the efficient operation and maintenance of wood pellet processing machines; dryers, presses and other manufacturing equipment.
- Oversee maintenance staff to identify operational efficiency opportunities and maintain consistent equipment operation.
- Control and monitor production utilizing elecrical Control Systems.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Training on highly technical burners or heat sources and the systems for running and maintaining them.
- Proven experience running and maintaining complex machinery in high pace environment.
- Training and experience with electrical control systems.
- Experience managing a maintenance team.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Military or Industry experience highly preferred.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Highly mechanical and technical background.
Salary starting at $51,000. Client offers excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.