This job opportunity is ideal for separating / newly separated E-4 to E-6 personnel with an aviation maintenance military occupational specialty background.
BLUF: We seek an Aircraft Structural Technician with prior aircraft structural maintenance and repair experience, to join our client’s facility located in Londonderry, NH.
*Note: Military Talent Source has worked with and mentored numerous separating and separated military service members with an aviation military occupational specialty background to achieve their FAA Air Frame and/or Powerplant certification based on their MOS/NEC/AFSC code. If you would like more information please contact us.
Military Talent Source seeks an Aircraft Structural Technician with prior aircraft structural maintenance and repair experience. Applicant must be willing to work both on and off aircraft and consider opportunities to travel throughout the U.S. periodically for one to two weeks at a time. Our client proudly serves business and corporate aircraft owners and operators throughout the Northeast United States: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Aircraft Structural Technician’s primary responsibility is to perform modifications and alterations to aircraft according to the desired engineering specification in a timely manner
- Work as part of a team alongside other technicians; avionics, maintenance, installation.
- Perform quality work, both on and off business aircraft
- Support other activities as required by company requirements and management direction
- Accomplish airframe structural repairs and/or alterations, to include the installation of antennas, doublers, radios, racks, instruments and equipment
- Manufacture or repair sheet metal items in accordance with written instructions, blueprints or engineering drawings
- Read and interpret written instructions, blueprints or engineering drawings accurately
- Accurately and legibly record each maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms (to include signature or initials)
- Maintain records such as work order documentation, logs, and time & material records
- Effectively research manufacturer’s data for appropriate repair procedures
- Use of precision measurement tools, such as; calipers, scales, dial indicators, gauges and micrometers
- Use of hand power tools
- Open and close areas of the aircraft as required
- Keep work area(s) clean and orderly
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Travel throughout the U.S. to work on aircraft at off-site locations
- Remain presentable and respectable at all times while on the job
- Perform Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certification preferred
- FAA repair station experience preferred
- Prior experience in aircraft structural maintenance and repair
- Be competent and experienced in the use of metal shears & metal brakes
- Experience performing composite bonded repairs preferred
- Experience with repairs cosmetic in nature to aircraft cabin interiors preferred
- High School diploma/GED required. Minimum of Associates Degree preferred or applicable military experience
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD security clearance
- Ability to pass a SIDA Security Background Check and D.O.T. drug/alcohol testing (*Drug screen and background check will be completed prior to work start)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Applicant must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, perform layout, forming, drilling/riveting and manufacturing of aircraft parts and assemblies (not limited to sheet metal)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to document work on maintenance forms legibly
- Good communication skills; both verbally and written
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach overhead
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Ability to travel for one to two (1-2) weeks at a time as required
Client offers excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.