General Manager- Aviation Industry
This job opportunity is ideal for a separating / newly separated senior officer with military aviation background or senior enlisted with a bachelor’s degree and aviation background. Experience with civilian aircraft is a huge plus.
BLUF: We seek an, experienced General Manager to join our client’s facility located in Londonderry, NH.
Military Talent Source seeks an experienced General Manager with a business and corporate aviation background/focus and a minimum of 5 years management experience to oversee day-to-day operations. Applicant must be willing to commute to Londonderry, NH (MHT) daily for work. This position is available immediately. Our client proudly serves business and corporate aircraft owners and operators throughout the Northeast United States: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
The General Manager supervises lower-level managers and oversees day-to-day operations of the company. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplining lower-level managers and employees, as well as coaching and mentoring lower-level managers. As General Manager, you will create incentives for employees and evaluate the company’s efficiency and productivity. Additionally, as the General Manager, you will collaborate with company principals to develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals. Then you will communicate those goals to your team and guide them to success.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Direct and oversee day-to-day operation of the company
- Communicate and embody the company’s values and vision
- Provide leadership and motivate department managers to foster a growth mindset
- Delegate duties to all department managers and ensure accountability
- Prioritize tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines, streamline processes to maximize productivity
- Resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Weigh the costs and benefits of various options to determine the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Analyze past and current performance and recommend objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Define & Implement policies and performance standards
- Build up the company through recruiting and mentoring new talent
- Assess departmental performance and devise plans for improvement
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Aviation MRO practices
- Background in aviation maintenance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or Business Management required
- Minimum of 5 years prior management experience
- Good communication skills; both written and verbally
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to pass a SIDA Security Background Check and D.O.T. drug/alcohol testing
- Willingness to commute daily to Londonderry, NH for work
Client offers excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.