This job opportunity is ideal for separating / newly separated E-4 to E-6 personnel with an aviation maintenance military occupational specialty background.
BLUF: We seek an Avionics Technician interested in working in the business and corporate aviation industry who has a background in testing, troubleshooting and maintaining Communication, Navigation, Pulse, Autopilot and Altimetry systems; to join our client’s facility located in Londonderry, NH.
*Note: Military Talent Source has worked with and mentored numerous separating and separated military service members with an aviation military occupational specialty background to achieve their FAA Air Frame and/or Powerplant certification based on their MOS/NEC/AFSC code. If you would like more information please contact us.
Military Talent Source seeks an Avionics Technician interested in working in the business and corporate aviation industry who has a background in testing, troubleshooting and maintaining Communication, Navigation, Pulse, Autopilot and Altimetry systems. The ideal candidate must be able to test these systems and, if necessary, troubleshoot faults to a LRU level. The applicant must also be able to identify and repair faulty electrical wiring, be self-motivated and be willing to travel locally in the central New England area. Our client proudly serves business and corporate aircraft owners and operators throughout the Northeast United States: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Avionics Technician is responsible for testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of avionic systems and components, in accordance with Company manuals, Manufacture’s Manuals, including Service Bulletins and Federal Aviation Regulations
- The Avionics Technician may be assigned such housekeeping duties as; policing their work area or repair and maintenance of company property
- Ensure that work is accomplished in the best workmanship manner and that an airworthy condition exists on all work performed
- Perform the work as outlined on various work forms or as assigned by the Avionics Repair Shop Manager and refer to work forms or required technical data for the proper performance of the job
- Make the proper entries on forms and work orders and assume responsibility by signing of all work performed by him/her at the time the work is completed, by signature, initials, or stamp
- For continuity between the technician and the inspector, it shall be the responsibility of the technician to contact the inspector for inspection of work completed or work in process.
- Notify the Avionics Repair Shop Manager immediately of any condition that may arise that could present him/her with a problem for parts, materials, airworthiness or workmanship
- Have sufficient hand tools to perform his/her duties as required
- Attend training programs as established or scheduled by the company
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Avionics Repair Shop Manager
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Current FAA Airframe and Power-Plant (A&P) certificate, desired
- High School Diploma/GED, required
- Valid Operators License, required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Three (3) years or more of related technical experience, required
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Client offers excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.