BLUF: We seek an experienced Lead Diesel Mechanic to join our client’s facility located in Waterville, ME.
This job opportunity is ideal for a separating / newly separated E-5 to E-7 person with a diesel engine maintenance military occupational specialty background. Navy/Coast Guard Engineering Ratings and Motor Transport military occupational specialities usually relate well.
Military Talent Source seeks an experienced Lead Diesel Mechanic for a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform maintenance tasks based on driver pre and post trip inspections in a timely manner or as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- Thoroughly identify defects requiring correction, which would affect the availability of the equipment and the safety of the equipment operator
- Make adjustments to brakes, clutches, and other utilities that are part of the vehicle or other equipment
- Make adjustments to hydraulic pressures and other hydraulic components of any equipment
- Perform tire changes and repairs
- Build, rebuild or replace hydraulic components and hoses of any vehicle or stationary equipment
- Operate the grinders and sanders
- Perform accurate Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Perform all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulation
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Clean class A, B or C Drivers License
- Minimum of 1 year experience inspecting, trouble-shooting and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable of major component repair and rebuilding
- Capable in the use of diagnostic tools
- Complete understanding of mechanical systems
- Complete understanding of hydraulic systems
- Complete understanding of electrical systems
- Proven commitment to safety
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Disciplined and committed to hard work
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
You must sign in to apply for this position.