CDL Truck Driver- Solid Waste Industry (Home Every Night)
BLUF: We seek an experienced CDL Truck Driver to join our client’s facility located in Auburn, MA .
Military Talent Source seeks an experienced CDL Truck Driver for a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Our client operates in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million. This position is located in Auburn, MA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Complete understanding and adherence to Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards.
- Operates vehicle and performs all tasks in accordance with Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards, OSHA, and DOT as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
- Works closely with Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch.
- Completely empties all receptacles and leaves the customer’s property clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Dispatch.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 5 years.
- Holds a current Class A or B CDL with an air-brake endorsement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable motor coordination; arm, hand, legs.
- Able to exert physical effort in handling (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
Salary $21-$23 per hour to start depending on experience with a 90 day review.
Client offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.