BLUF: We seek a motivated individual for an entry-level accounting position with the opportunity to grow into the Financial Controller to join our client’s facility located in Kinston, North Carolina.
This job opportunity is ideal for separating / newly separated E-4 to E-5 personnel with an admin or financial military occupational specialty background.
Military Talent Source seeks a motivated individual for an entry-level accounting position with the opportunity to grow into the Financial Controller to join our client’s facility located in Kinston, North Carolina. Client was founded in 1928, and is a family-owned business built on service, expertise and a progressive approach to providing energy.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Record financial transactions in DM2.
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Sales Orders
- Bill of Lading
- General Ledger
- Reconcile bank account and general ledger.
- Reporting to State and Federal Government.
- NC State Sales Tax
- Motor Fuels Tax (1252, 1206, 720, and 8849)
- Excise Tax
- Road Tax
- Collaborate with Dispatch to monitor liquid inventories.
- Collaborate with Service Department to monitor parts inventories.
- Reconcile liquid inventories at each c-store location weekly for accuracy (9 locations).
- Environmental Protection Agency reporting for dealer sites.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Previous financial experience.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to organize and schedule with Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity and ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel.
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual that cares about the company and their job.
- Welcomes change and available technology to improve how we do our jobs.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Develop a full understanding of our back office accounting system – DM2 Software.
- Ability to communicate and respond to customers, fellow employees, and prospects as you would expect to be treated in an ideal professional relationship.
- Desire and ability to get involved in the communities we serve.
Salary range will start at $30,000 per year (plus benefits), and is negotiable based on prior experience.
Client offers a great benefit package that includes medical, dental, matched retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must sign in to apply for this position.